26 August 2013

First Day


Last Tuesday was Riley's first day of three year old Pre-School.  He has been pre-planning to cry since VBS in June, but thankfully his tears were minimal and mine were too.  Cousin Eli is in the same class, and I do believe that helped the whole process go better.  I also promised him an ice cream cone after school!  I think he has made a new friend who likes to farm, but otherwise he just calls all those other people, the boys and girls.  Last year, it seemed Brody was old enough to go to school, but Ri just seems too little still?
Last Wednesday was Brody's first day of school.  Four year old Preschool meets three days a week and he basically has no need for me once I walk him to his room.  I think he would do that on his own as well, but I like to know that he got to his room safe and sound.  We rode our bikes to school the first day, but he asked me to pick him up in my car so we could go eat lunch, because you know mom, we did that last year!  

So all in all, the first days went well.  Being able to transport them to and from school makes me very thankful for the flexibility and location of my job!

No comments: