30 April 2013

Brody





A few words about Brody:

  • Brody has started skipping nap time on days he doesn't go to school.  The picture on top was a school day he skipped his rest and cried part of the way home and then fell asleep (complete with drool).  Some days no nap equals a long evening and other days it doesn't phase him.  
  • He definitely likes to be a helper.  This particular evening he wanted to chop up strawberries for everyone.  He did a great job with his butter knife and cutting board and was definitely proud of his work.
  • He is my shadow.  Whatever I do, he likes to help me for awhile at least.  We have worked our way through the flower beds, which resulted in me touching more worms than I have in a lifetime.  We have built natural habitats for them and he names them.  The only name I remember is Wormie though.  I am always just working hard to keep them out of his pockets and out of the house.  
  • He is riding a bike with training wheels.  I don't think he needs them after conquering the balance bike last year, but for now he has them.
  • He crossed the street by himself a couple weeks ago to visit our neighbor with Ms. Mahnke.   She fed him a popsicle and played in the rocks with him so I believe she might have sealed the deal on their friendship for a lifetime.  
  • He still enjoys school and has worked through several different units and is working hard at mastering his letter and number writing skills. They have talked about the devil at school and anytime Riley misbehaves or doesn't listen, Brody informs us that Riley is following the devil.  
  • B is looking forward to summer so he can SWIM!  He showed us his skills this weekend and amazingly hadn't forgot much of what he had learned last summer. 

No comments: