11 June 2013

For my dad...


My dearest father informed me I was slacking...big time.  So, I'm sitting at his desk putting this together for him so he can see just what we have been up to.
Kurt and I had 24 hours to ourselves thanks to Aunt Michelle and Grammy.  I actually got to ride in a tractor without two little boys asking when I was going to get out of their seat! 
We picked the boys up the next day and made a stop the University of Illinois...my alma mater and their future school.  They both already sing part of the Illinois Loyalty song, so they are destined to attend
The boys wanted to jump, so we accomplished that on Memorial Day. 
???  Unexplainable at times ???
The kick off to the Summer reading program at the library included a fire truck and police car. 
Matching outfits so I could easily pick them out if they strayed away from me.  It took 30 minutes for them to work up the nerve to climb into the fire truck so no worries about them getting any further than my arm could reach.

Katy and I ran in the village of Stew's 5K.  We ran by our house and the boys cheered us on!
Nap time...I should just buy a double bed so they can sleep in the same bed at night. 
He voluntarily drank pickle juice AND liked it...yuck!
The training wheels need to be removed from Brody's bike.  He is a balance bike champ so there is no need.  Ri just started riding his bike on Wednesday of last week. 
His new trick this week...he stands to peddle like I do!  NO FEAR!
Steak-N-Shake!!
The library had a juggler one evening last week.  We were impressed with his skills!!
Uncle Chris turned another year older on Saturday. 
And on Sunday, we had a lovely invite to a parade.  Riley stood just like that until the folks in the parade started throwing candy...lots and lots of candy!
 
So Dad, there you go.  I might even post a video or two just for you!

1 comment:

The Vonderheide's said...

Yeah - just what I needed today, something to keep me from working!