13 September 2011

the end

After 9 years, I resigned from FSA today.  I never in million years thought I would leave...mostly because I was not looking for a job.  I knew I couldn't find something comparable in benefits...or at least I thought so!  It's been a great career for me.  During my time with FSA so many life events took place, I was in a car accident, my mom had a stroke, I bought my first vehicle (which I still miss), got engaged, married, went on some awesome vacations, Katy got married, we lost our Granny, Michelle had Cohen, Katy had Eli, and I had Brody and Riley. 

Although my next adventure is going to be exciting, it was really sad to leave my people today.  I couldn't even give them a proper thank you and good-bye because I was so upset.  I know they read this random stuff I write from time to time.  So FSA & Tammy -thank you...for everything.   I couldn't have asked for better co-workers...ever!  I couldn't have asked for a more generous boss...ever!  Right now I feel like I'm on vaca, but soon it will sink in that I'm officially a front door guest to the building. 

Now, enough sappy, make me weepy stuff. 

I have left a verbal disclaimer in the office...they aren't allowed to curse me too loud when they find something that I didn't do right or they wonder why the heck I did something one way, when it could have been simplified another way.  I think I might submit that in writing too...just to be safe!
(i never realized how short i was compared to the rest of you until today.) 

And just so they laugh reading this...I opened my mouth one day when I shouldn't have.  It's came back to haunt me over the last couple weeks because I was fearful someone would really carry through with it...and that someone did. 
Yep, that's me in some chaps.  A story is attached to chaps, but you will just have to ask for that one in person!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's just keep thinking you are on maternity leave for a while. Hopefully by the time you would have come back we will be used to the idea that you are on a new adventure.

Sister Sara said...

Good Luck! I will need to have the story of the chaps!! :-)