19 July 2011

Riley is ONE!

One year ago today, Riley William was born!

I ran across the journal Kurt had kept from the time I woke him up around 1:30 a.m. with contractions that were 5-7 minutes apart. I was in NO hurry to get to the hospital...Kurt was ready to leave the moment I woke him up. I took a shower, folded the last load of laundry and made sure I had everything in my bag I would need. My water broke around 3:20 a.m., according to Kurt, and he had my parents here and me to the hospital within 20 minutes. By 5:00 I signed myself up for an epidural and had the thermostat turned down. Kurt wrote in bold caps letters that I FROZE HIM OUT!!! I remember still being HOT! Anywho during the whole epidural ordeal, Kurt about passed out...he was light headed, sweating, etc...and he thought that room was cold? By 6:15, we were both just trying to rest a wee bit...I think this was short lived though. My epidural took care of the pain but not the pressure. The nurses called Dr. Haller before 8:00. She barely got to the room in time and simply slipped on a gown over her street clothes and after just a few minutes of pushing, Riley was born at 8:28 a.m.



And now he is ONE!

Happy Birthday Riley!

5 comments:

Henson Family said...

I can't believe our little babies turn 1 year old this week - cRaZy! Happy Birthday Riley!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Riley! Love - Justin, Michelle, Cohen, and Baby Peony

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Riley!! How fast a year goes. Hope you had a good birthday party.
The Wyckoff's

The Vonderheide's said...

Happy Birthday Riley - we saw your adorable picture on the TV this morning!

The Bible Family said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Ri! His tv celebrity status kind of went to his head and he was a wee bit high maintenance tonight! :)