19 September 2010

Yep, that's a picture of a whole chicken.  I'm going to try and figure out how to cut it up and fry it tomorrow.  I will probably end up with pieces you aren't supposed to have.  I learned many culinary skills from my Granny - like the art of making pie crust with LARD, but never learned the whole chicken cutting thing.  Anywho, I think I better go do some research before I butcher the chicken beyond recognition.  My mom and I are also making homemade donuts!  Talk about a day of fried food.

Oh and Kurtie is THIRTY tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Ina Garten has tips on cutting up a chicken - check her out online. Homemade donuts sound fabulous - can you deliver some around 9:00 to work please?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KURT!

sara t said...

Happy Birthday Kurt!!!

Jen - my mom claims that it is easy to cut up a chicken - i told her i think it is even easier to buy it already cut and FRIED from Niemergs!! :-) Good LUck. We do homemade donuts a couple times a year - delicious!!

The Bible Family said...

Whew...my mom cut up the chicken! I did watch though so maybe I could do it again...or call Niemerg's an order it up!