16 August 2010

Grocery Shopping Saga Continues...

My last trip to the grocery store I almost lost my heal trying to obtain food to feed my family.  Who knew grocery stores were so dangerous?  Martin's had somewhat of a bottleneck of people right by the enterance.  I was trying to manuever my cart through the swarm of people who have reached an age that they no longer have to work, but can hang out at the grocery store instead.  I guess I wasn't moving fast enough or attempting to break enough hips and push my way through for the lady behind me because she drove her cart right into my heal.  I squeaked from the pain, but continued to hobble along for fear of what could come next.  The lady behind said, "Oh honey that's going to be red!"  Really?  She quickly forgot about me though because in that bottleneck of people, she found a friend and stopped to talk, adding a cart and herself to the already over populated area.  I limped off to the bakery to get donut holes to help with ease the pain. 

These two greeted me at home, so that helped too.

No comments: