13 November 2009

More Honor Flight


Although it's blurry, Aunt Helen and Grandpa are marching into the school for the welcome home ceremony. 
An American Legion group led the way carrying the flags.

Grandpa and Grandma were happy to see each other...Grandma gave Grandpa a big hug...aaahhhh!

Grandpa had to show off all his letters he received during Mail Call.  He didn't open but a couple on the flight...I'm guessing it was just a little overwhelming for him to have such a pile of mail to read. 

Uncle Pat and Aunt Kathy were there.

Aunt Vickie, Nicole and of course Courtney (without makeup, oh dear me).  Uncle Dave was drying corn and of course Emily was at the airport.

My parents and me (looking like a drowned rat).  Kurt was home with Brody and Katy can't stay up past 8:00 these days thanks to being pregnant!  Michelle, Justin and Cohen just live to far away.  They should move home!!

Uncle Bill, Aunt Kay, Brittney and Zach - Remy the dog was in the car even.  Brittney and Zach made a fast track back to Champaign so they could work the next morning. 

Of course Aunt Helen was still there and her hubby David was still hanging out with his veteran friend for the day, Earl.

Holding hands....how about another aaahhhh!

Courtney and I were just thrilled to take part in the day.  We were absolutely worn out and are 1/3 of the 52 veteran's ages so I can only imagine how they felt by the time they found their beds that night. Grandpa was still just in awe yesterday.  I think he was most awestruck by the welcoming committe at the airport in D.C.  It was one of those moments I personally will never forget in my lifetime nor probably seen duplicated! 

I still have some random pictures to share and hope to get Aunt Helen's as well maybe tonight.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I thank you, Jenny, from the bottom of my heart for posting the beautiful picture of me without make-up. Thank you, it's lovely, really.

Katie said...

This is just awesome! Wonderful pics and commentary! I cried when looking through all of this.
Thanks for sharing!
Katie